Thursday, April 12, 2007

ROTFL

Over a year ago, I received an intelligence quiz through email. Said to have been from Mensa, a society for bright people, the only qualification for membership of which was a high IQ (the word literally means "table" in Latin, which stands for a round-table society, where race, color, creed, national origin, age, politics, educational or social background are irrelevant) but I don't really know. Anyway. Me and dad instantly tried to outdo each other.

According to the 33-question cryptic quiz, if you get 1-5 correct answers, you're "Average," 6-11 is "Somewhat Intelligent," 12-22 is "Intelligent," 23 or more correct answers and you're a "Genius." Yeah right. Whatever. In the end, dad got 26 and I got 25. I couldn't believe it, we got the same questions except for one: 3 B M (S H T R)

And then two nights ago dad reminded me of the question, teasing me that he's a question more intelligent than I am. I was already frowning when the answer dawned on me. Only my sister could tell how shocked my facial expression was. Hahaha. My jaw dropped, eyes wide and screamed, "@#$! Alam ko na!" Hahaha. After that I was literally ROTFL (rolling on the floor, laughing). How simple! I should have thought of that.

Here's the quiz. Try it for yourself if you haven't yet. (You may also try this site.) I've colored the questions that I still haven't answered until now.


Sample: 24 H in a D = 24 Hours in a Day

26 L of the A
7 D of the W
7 W of the W
12 S of the Z
66 B of the B
52 C in a P (WJs)
13 S in the U S F
18 H on a G C
39 B of the O T
5 T on a F
90 D in a R A
3 B M (S H T R) <-- the culprit!
32 is the T in D F at which W F
15 P in a R T
3 W on a T
100 C in a D
11 P in a F (S) T
12 M in a Y
13 = U F S
8 T on a O
29 D in F in a L Y
27 B in the N T
365 D in a Y
13 L in a B D
52 W in a Y
9 L of a C
60 M in a H
23 P of C in the H B
64 S on a C B
9 P in S A
6 B to an O in C

1000 Y in a M
15 M on a D M C

Note: The answers are available if you Google them up, but where's the fun in that? Please DO NOT place your answers as a comment for the sake of others (like me, I'm still trying to answer them all). Have fun!

No comments: