Monday, March 14, 2011

Apathy

We were in Sunday dinner with my Lola, aunt, and cousins. The usual over-dinner talks turned out to be some sort of an excerpt of a primetime soap. Emotions poured from negative feelings towards an in-law. Aunt is almost in tears for the pent-up emotions so I chirped, "it's mind over matter; if you don't mind then it don't matter." This had made me realize that not everybody is capable of doing this. For my Kuya had said that I am the best when it comes to apathy. Well what can I do? I am talented in this department. I guess I have learned of this trait/emotion when I was still young. During my high school days, I'm one of those people very much affected with what other people say or think of me; but my mom is always to the rescue, reminding me not to care, because it's my life. And that I don't live for those people, so as long as I'm not doing anything wrong, to hell with them! I kind of think this had made me a stronger person, battling with the norm and peer pressure. I feel bad for people who can't do the same (as much as I can) because they wake up every day with a heavy feeling. Do you do this too?

No comments: