Sunday, March 27, 2011

Weddings Here and There

In this Facebook age, I constantly find myself browsing through wedding photos of friends. Maybe I am in the marrying age indeed, since weddings happen here and there, and it's not like they're my uncles or aunties--they're my friends!

My boyfriend must be crazy-thinking maybe I wanna get married already. The thing is, at this point, I don't. I was in a [chat] conversation with the ex-fiance the other day and I was just telling him I met up with Precious and MM, who are getting married and happily married, respectively. He was asking me if I had plans [again] of getting married. In a split second I was able to say, "nope."

One, my boyfriend and I are barely half a year together. Yes we spend 5 out 7 days a week together, but it's just gonna be too soon to think about that. Following two very serious relationships (including that of with the ex-fiance), I seem not to be in a very committed or serious relationship at this point. I am enjoying every minute I spend with my dear one but I don't see myself walking down the aisle just yet.

Second, I am 24. In a month or so, I'll be 25. Yes for some this is a good age to marry. For me, this is a reminder that I have finished college and six years have passed, and I am still in an entry-level position. I crave for a career path, growth and stability. I am so working on getting promotions.

Maybe I could cite more reasons, but I guess, you'll just know when you're ready when you are. I realize I browse through the wedding photos with amazement and happiness for these people who have found the one they'd chosen to spend their lives with. How they figure out that their partner is 'the one', that I am still yet to find out.

No comments: