Sunday, January 22, 2012

Those Little Red Packets

It's been a week since I returned my Geo to Suzuki for an overheating problem after the previous week's timing belt adjustment. Since they would only use genuine parts, it was kind of making me very cautious on all my expenses last week. I took public transpo whenever possible (been quite sometime since I was last on a jeepney) and hailing a cab only when there's no other choice. Since it's Chinese new year, it's customary for Chinese people to be generous and give those red money envelopes. With a very generous boss, I received one last Friday. So yesterday, armed with my red packet, I went to pick up my baby fresh from parts replacement and other services. When I got the bill, I couldn't help but smile. The amount was exactly how much I received from my "ang pao," give or take a couple of hundred pesos.

My boyfriend would always feel bad that I never get to enjoy my 'red envelopes' as it is usually spent for Geo, rent, or some other needs. He feels bad that instead of me going shopping or getting a massage, I would have no choice but to spend it on some other things.

I don't feel the same way. I feel so blessed that God gives me just enough, and gives me those little extras whenever I am in need. Thank you po!

No comments: