Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Private

I have been blogging for less than a decade now, which would have been evident on my archive if it hadn't been hacked in '04. With the emergence of social networks starting off with Friendster to the now even-my-neighbor's-dog-has-one Facebook, the bloggers kinda lay low. It's still nice to blog though, it's like your own little space. Uhuh. I've talked about this

I remember back in June, wrecked from a breakup, I told my mom that I'm going out of town with a blog friend. She was like, "your what?" My sister started blogging too and kept asking for the link, which I never gave. You see, I don't tell people much that I blog.  I don't cross-post these somewhere for people to read. Unlike changing your Facebook statuses, blogging for me is very private. I don't have to see how many people have read my post, how many "likes" I get, or if I even get a comment or not. 

Yes, it's on the Internet; anybody can just bloghop and find it. But the chances are, these are people I don't know, who'd have no biases over me, no pre-conceived notion on who/what I am. Or maybe, they stumbled upon it because I wrote something that may help them, in any way. 

Like I said, it's my own little space. Somewhere I am free to dream, to rant about my worst days, to be silly and stupid, to be weak  when everyone expects me to be strong, and express anything my mind could think of, or my heart could feel. 

3 comments:

Niko Batallones said...

I suddenly remember that you found me first. I don't know how still, haha.

Same here. I don't really give my blog address away. To family, at least. I plug it, sure, but I don't tell the family. Let them find it themselves.

My sister gets it, thankfully. We don't read each other's blogs out of respect (our term).

Obi Macapuno said...

walang iwanan sa blogosphere, ate kat... tuloy lang! :D

Katia said...

Hey Niko, yeah. I can't remember either how I landed on the upperblog. :)

Obi! Uma-"Ate" ka dyan tigilan mo ko! I haven't re-linked you. Will do. Ngayon na.