Friday, July 22, 2005

My kuya's been making me go around tech-shops at Greenbelt so I could take a look at mp3 players of all models--Zens, Samsungs, iRivers, and iPods of course--taking notes on its prices (including PayLite prices)... For all I know, he'll end up buying an iPod mini anyway. Why? Coz he digs iPod because it's an iPod! *duh* I mean, I was seriously discouraging him from buying an iPod (am suggesting iRiver), because of the lack of features. All it could do is store files for you to play, whereas others include tuner, voice recorder, etc (my iRiver has line-in recording, voice, tuner, and you could also record from FM). And he does admit that mine delivers sound better than any of the iPods he's borrowed; still, he's buying one. DUH!

I am not against iPod nor iPod users for that matter, but for my kuya, that's weird. Have never known him to buy something that would put his money to waste (I mean, he waited for the I-forgot-what-Nokia-model-it-was to be out here in the Philippines before he gave up his good ol 7110 because it's got the best features ever, then invested on thousands of pesos), but he's investing thousands again for something that's tunog lata compared to others (for someone so musically inclined and at the same time a band member-slash-music composer!)? I'm trying to convince him to test other models first--not fashion models, silly--and try out how well the sound goes, and for him to take into consideration the features (he's the guy who can't live without radio, but he's settling for an all-mp3 thing). How on earth could my kuya turned into someone who's into brands (or what everyone has)? For all I know, he's gonna die if he's not gonna buy an iPod. Freakin' stupid.

(These reactions are with regards to my kuya only, not to f*** up iPod lovers. Oops, and yeah, am not sabotaging iPod/Apple in anyway. I just hate it when people are so branded--- *okay I'll shut up now*)


***


I have a pdf format of Harry Potter 6; it seems like a scanned-then-saved-as-a-text-format version so I see some misspelled words. I am no Potter fan or whatever, nary an intent of buying them, so I read it only when I've nothing to do in the office. Again, no offense to Mr Potter's fans, and JK Rowling. If anybody's interested, let me know,,, oh, I'm sorry Ms Rowling.


***


I'm stuck with a song "Dream of Me," which Kirsten Dunst sang in a movie (in a scene where she's acting in a play). Now I can't remember what movie it was. And how foolish could it be that all I can sing from the whole song was "...dream of me..."


***


Has anyone got a copy or knows a bookstore that carries Confessions of a Video Vixen? Let me know. I'm not quite sure if I wanna buy one though.

No comments: