Sunday, September 18, 2005

My usual boring day got an oomph today. I'm so sad that me and my friends didn't have the chance to watch the last UAAP Nestle Nonstop Cheerdance Competition of our college life; I consoled myself by watching the live telecast instead. Volume's up so it'd feel like I'm there. I watched the whole thing, didn't even switch channels even while commercials are on. Hehe.. An avid fan, huh? Well anyway, I think every school prepared for their respective performances so well, and most have the least errors ever. It's the best ever for all the schools, even for DLSU Pep Squad! No pun intended! :)

I went so neutral while watching the whole show, so I made a good prediction of the top three--I got them correctly! All's constant: 2nd runner up: FEU Pep Squad, 1st runner-up: UP Pep Squad, and we are the champs (UST Salinggawi Dance Troupe)! I predicted so because of the following reasons.

FEU gave a very smooth performance, actually after their performance I said "Okay yun a!", but it's not a hundred percent original, plus their uniforms are last year's. For UP, they're okay, kinarir ang Nonstop portion so I know they'd have a chance to snatch the crown back. But when I saw UST's performance (UP performed before them), it's a no-brainer. I mean, UP's stunts and routines were "all original" (according to their courtside reporter) and really hard to perform, but overall, UST 'cheerdanced' better. The moves are perfectly in synch, you'd wonder how many months they've prepared for this. I didn't really like their uniform though, it's so--tiger-ish! Like, *meow*, oops I mean, *roar*. ;)

So I'd like to congratulate the 4-peat UAAP Nestle Nonstop Cheering Competition Champs, the University of Santo Tomas Salinggawi Dance Troupe! Now I think, did I really inspire them to win? Ever since I enrolled myself in the university, they won every cheering competition, til now--my senior year... hmmmm? Just kidding!

UST Roar for 4!

No comments: