Monday, September 05, 2005

somebody save me

I've finished reading Amy Tan's The Hundred Secret Senses. Boy, oh boy, I learned a lot from it. Maybe because some of the Chinese principles are actually my principles too (or Filipinos's too, since we've had great Chinese influence, eh). Who'd have thought that a book with a funny looking cover would contain such great ideas and views in life? I can't believe I ignored it for so long. I recommend reading it, to people who love to read more than just fiction... (I mean it's fiction--yeah--but the lessons are..well..real.. whatever.) To anyone who loved The Celestine Prophecy and the Tenth Insight, would sure love this too. Anyway here are a few morals I've learned:

+ For some people, Yin isn't Yang, and Yang isn't Yin. Learn to respect other people's principles and opinions.

+ Everyone must dream. We dream to give ourselves hope. To stop dreaming is like saying you can never change your fate.

+ The doctrine of determinism: All the events and even human choices follow natural laws.

+ Too much happiness always overflows into tears of sorrow.
I hope you'd have a copy and read it and enjoy it as much as I did. By the way, thanks to Tita Grace who sent the book years back I think.


+++


The hurricane Katrina really devastated New Orleans, I feel so sorry for all the victims. By the way, I am a different Katrina, so don't go blaming me! He-he. I included them in my prayers that they may recover and start again. Material things may be built or restored again, but lives cannot be.

While I'm at the topic of fortuitous events, I'd like to commemorate (and pray for) the victims of the 9/11 attack, and the heroes behind it too. I hope all's better.


+++



I've been at home for a whole month now, and it's a bore.

What energy pushes me to get up from bed even if I have nothing to do?
High noon's heat energy.

What keeps me busy?
Playing downloaded games, reading books, answering Friendster surveys, blogging and chatting.

What makes my mind work?
Thinking of what meal to prepare for the working and schooling housemates (which is like, everybody except me).

Where do I go when I go out of the four corners of our house?
The supermarket, doing groceries.

What's the best part of my day?
Having someone to talk to--that's when the people are already at home--and taking a bath.

Oh dear, somebody save me...

No comments: