Thursday, June 21, 2007

48H in SF

I'm a lazy blogger. Period.

+ + +

So I flew to San Francisco on a terrible Delhi-connecting flight: those pesky Indians who feel like the plane is one big supermarket where anything and everything is available. Like milk. How could they go on a ten-hour flight not carrying enough milk for your baby? And we serve fresh milk, not infant formulas. Sheesh.

Arriving at the hotel by noon time, my room is really creepy. For some reason I got a creepy room. I was trying to catch at least an hour's sleep when Ninya calls up and tells me Bamboo will be on by 2pm. I jump out of bed and took a shower. :)

It's Fiesta Filipina, an event to celebrate Philippine Independence Day in SF. There were celebs like Bea Alonzo, John Lloyd Cruz, Vhong Navarro, and two from Pinoy Dream Academy. I saw Raymond Bagatsing going around the area too. And the main performer--Bamboo. Anyway we sat by the VIP area (thanks to Marco) and got really up close with Bamboo.

Few more things we did that day although we haven't slept a wink from a long flight:
+ Went to Marco's friend Bryan's house to hang out: pizza, beer and Wii :)
+ By nighttime we drove to the Coit Tower to see SF at night
+ Then off to the Legion of Honor for a creepy surprise
+ A late-night breakfast at Lucky Chance =)

And then finally I slept.


Next day we're on the road to Monterey with side trips to a Thai restaurant near Japan town (finally I got to try Thai tea), a trail way up to see the fog-covered Golden Gate, ABS-CBN in Redwood City. We started actually travelling to Monterey a bit too late and it was rush hour already so we decided to head back and scrapped the Monterey idea. We proceeded to another of Marco's friends, Mark's house and then later had dinner at Fridays.

And then another sidetrip. =)

The next day we're off to fly back to Korea and I'm so wasted. But at least I had fun in SF. Million thanks to Ninya and Marco. =)

No comments: