Monday, November 05, 2007

Great-ful

I went to Hyehwa Dong church yesterday straight from my Hanoi flight. I really take the opportunity whenever I'm in Seoul on Sundays. I really miss going to church and I swear I'd go to church if I'm not on a flight. And besides, there are a lot of things to be grateful to God for.

One, aL. 'Nuff said. =)

Two, I get San Francisco flights on my original schedule every month, regardless of how short the stay is. That's always a relief. Especially now that the company's got a new rule on swapping schedules.

Three, I'll get to go home on my parents' silver wedding anniversary on Saturday. Without even requesting for it.

Four, December sched is out. And my request was approved. I'm spending Christmas in San Francisco! It's probably the best Christmas gift I could have this year. We were told our batch would probably have to fly on the holidays as the seniors get the privilege to go home so I requested for the next best thing. And the next best thing indeed :)

+ + +

Incidentally the choir sang the song "Kristo". Part of the lyrics:

Kristo, Kristo, bakit minsan ka lang nakikilala
Kapag nakadama ng dusa't pangamba
Tinatawagan ka sana'y maawa ka

I think this is true though. There are a lot of people who forget about faith/religion unless they're in a dead end situation. Which definitely sucks. I know a lot of people who'd pray to get what they want and instantly forget being grateful.

No comments: