Friday, October 07, 2005

Baguio, summer capital. Though it's not summer, I'm here na. I rode a bus yesterday 7am and got here around 2pm... I was walking along the street where my lola lives and people are like staring at me because of the following reasons: (1) pormang di taga Baguio; (2) pulling a big stroller along; (3) and it's drizzling and my only protection is my small Tigger pillow. Ha ha ha. Well anyway at least I arrived safely.

Bus ride was okay, wala akong katabi. When the bus left the station, we were like less than 20pax, and though pinapara along the way, I maintained my two-seat seat. :) It wasn't boring at all 'cause I slept through it mostly while my ears are flooded with sounds from my portable mp3 player.

Somewhere Pampanga, a group boarded the bus and somebody actually talked to me. Description: male, cute, fair skinned, red lips... In short, charming and adorable. The sweetest voice on earth. He asked me how I am, what's my name, sang songs, offered cupcakes and smiled always. Kept me alive through zigzag travel; it's amazing that he wasn't dizzy at all nor even have a my-ears-are-popping feeling. Name's Gelo. From Angeles. He's three. *fooled you*

+ + + + +

Today, we woke up early and went to Burnham Park where I jogged for half an hour while my sister's having breakfast afterwhich I dropped her off at her school (she's taking English Proficiency lessons, but will take up Art lessons this morning). I walked somewhere and found my fave tourist attractions in Baguio: ukay-ukay (a.k.a. wagwagan here)! So as of now I've bought a couple of jackets and a skirt and a long sleeved blouse. (Costs P140 in all, if you're wondering.) There's a really cool pair of casual Kenneth Cole shoes but it's P380... I'll have to think about that. I'm a real kuripot!

Surfing the net while waiting for her to finish at 11am, I'll meet her for lunch then she's off to her English lessons by 2am. As for me, I'll take a hike :) to reach SM Baguio [my favorite mall] and do groceries para sa bahay and other miscellaneous items I need.

+ + + +

I wonder what's happening back home. Have they bought us the most appropriate bed? Construction on going inside our room? How are my stuffed toys, are they an inch thicker with dust? Mm, how's my kuya doing? And the PMA written exam passer? Oh well.

To my family back home: Mika's big bellied now, and lotsa zits on the face. Mmm... what other things to say? Pormang taga Baguio na! Har har.

Attention to all texters: wala pong signal yung Sun ko dito sa Baguio so please send messages to my Globe number.

No comments: