Monday, October 17, 2005

Courtship Filipino Style
Currently feeling: Silly
Listening to: Sa Kanya by MYMP


I've come to believe that I don't actually believe in courtship. Weird as it may seem, I don't--at least for courtship Filipino style. Most Pinoy men (I said most, not all) do it full of crap. It's merely supposed to be a get-to-know-each-other-better stage which evolved into a survival-of-the-fittest thing or, worse, padamihan ng pogi points.

See, once a guy has decided to 'court' a girl, he starts shitting himself by doing stuff that are so unlike him just to be pleasing to the girl's eyes. I have nothing against those guys who suddenly became poetic coz inspiration struck; I loath those who really just does things to make the girl his. The worst part is, the girl falls for the guy na puno naman ng kaplastikan, and then after a few months into the steady stage, his true colors will be revealed. Then, emotional chaos begins.

It sucks. Nobody wants to be loved by mistake and nobody wants to love by mistake either. Why pretend to be perfect? Hmmm...

On a personal note, I think it's why I've somehow (and some time) resorted to pseudo relationships. The setup where you've just figured out that you both like each other and so you enjoy your time together. No commitment. No strings attached. I think that's what courtship should actually be! After which, you decide whether to go steady or not. Unfortunately, the courtship stage had been stereotyped on most Filipino minds like what I had described earlier.

I hope this is enough to stop eyebrows from raising when I say,

"I dont have suitors."

or

"I don't really believe in courtship eh.."

Reminder: This doesn't necessarily mean that I am in a pseudo relationship at the moment. Okay? Just makin' myself clear.

I am unique (abnormal?) and so are my thoughts. I know lots of guys may discriminate me for my stand; I welcome comments, violent reactions and explanations. Quite some time into this belief, I haven't met a guy who had convinced me to believe otherwise (obviously!). I'd love to be proved wrong on this, actually. :) Silly me. Ah, whatever. You get my point.

No comments: