Friday, June 16, 2006

Booster shots

I went on a very short-notice-five-minute interview at a hotel today. I can't help but think what a waste of a day it was considering I had to skip breakfast, jump in the shower, don business wear, put tons of makeup, and the transpo money of course. Glad I didn't hesitate bringing a pair of jeans, shirt and flip flops. Then I headed for Greenbelt 3.

Was supposed to see Cars but screening time was later so I went to see The Lakehouse. After all, I've been meaning to see this remake after I've seen Il Mare on VCD months ago. I won't spoil the fun for those who haven't seen it yet so I'd probably blog about my observations and comparison notes sometime next week.

It says, how do you hold on to someone you've never met? I say, how do you hold on to something you've never had?

***

I also saw the Superman trailer, gosh, I didn't know he was cute! Finally, a handsome man of steel. I still don't think I'd go see that one on the big screen though. Am not a sci fi fan, you know. At least it made me happy to see that this Superman got his hair untidy for once.

***

On yet another depressing story, as I was on the way to Makati for the above mentioned interview, I took the LRT. Lucky for me I was able to take a seat for the train wasn't as jam packed as [Baclaran] Wednesdays. My hands were on my lap, palms up. Beside me was a woman, maybe around mid-20s. Suddenly the seat seemed a bit more spacious. I look on to her and guess what I see. The woman trying to get as far from me as possible while looking and apparently trying to avoid my red-spotted arms. Like I have the most contagious skin disease on earth. I can't blame her; I know she's protecting herself. She must've thought it was measles or chicken pox. Nice. What a boost.

***

A shout out goes to Ice: I missed ya too! Especially you calling me Kitchie. Thanks so much for today's chat.

No comments: