Friday, April 20, 2007

Gush of Sadness

There's a sudden gush of sadness in me right now. Sadness, depression, loneliness, homesickness, etc. I don't know which one, actually. Or maybe I'm just really tired. The London flight made my lower back hurt so much that every spare minute I get, I go stretching at the galley.

This London's different as it's sunny, warm and it's GMT +1! For the first time in my entire career, I didn't get bored. I did not experience too much jet lag (like waking up only to find out it's just 3AM), actually, I slept all day. The only time I went out was to buy myself loads of healthy food (roasted chicken, eggs, milk, wheat bread and fruits) from M&S. So fed up with instant noodles and canned goods that I bring with me during layovers, I decided I'd rather spend on healthy food than spend a fortune for meds when I get sick on too much preserves and MSG.

The stupidity came out when I figured out I forgot to activate my internatinal roaming services before I left the Philippines. Good thing I had that Vodafone SIM with me so I just paid for a top up and SMS-ed mum to call up Globe.

And then I watched the telly nonstop (or listened to Capital Radio) and got really updated on the Virginia Tech shooting by an Asian-looking green card holder person. At first I thought he was Chinese, but then when his name appeared on the screen I'm like, "OMG he's Korean!"

My heart breaks everytime the news comes on (which is like, every hour) with few updates every now and then. I can't imagine how difficult it is for the families of the victims. To be randomly killed. I pray for the victims' souls. And their families'. And Cho Seung-Hui's.

No comments: