Saturday, May 26, 2007

Gadget Freak

I'm off to Singapore today. I'm really excited despite a difficult and not to mention long and boring six-hour flight. Why? I'm on my last (probably) stop for my DSLR bargain hunt. I've been checking out prices at Manhattan, NY and here in Seoul. I'm not so much inclined into looking into Hidalgo Street in Quiapo though. I can't imagine myself commuting to Quiapo carrying so much money. And besides, I really don't know where it is. But, I've also asked [friends] about Quiapo prices.

If somebody in Singapore would give me a Nikon d40 or d50 (with 18-55mm lens) for USD450, you bet I'll be back in Seoul on Monday with a DSLR. If not though, I might go back to Yongsan (here in Seoul) and practice my haggling skills to get $485 down to $450...or... I could ask for a 2MB memory card for free.

I'm getting really excited. And now I'm chatting with Monica (who's still in Manila), my loveable dongki who's also into iRiver and DSLRs as I am. She's suggesting a place in Singapore called Sim Lim (not sure with the spelling though) and I'm asking her about Sun Tec City... Gee. I'm excited.

If all else fails and I don't get a bargain I'm comfy with at Yongsan, I'll go get an iRiver E10 :) Yey!

No comments: