Saturday, June 18, 2005

Help wanted PLEASE. Hey people. I need help. See, I'm organizing something called like a Master Class. There's this aboriginal duo from Australia who plays music on indigenous instruments like didgeridoo (hope my spelling is correct) who's coming over the Philippines early July for the NAIDOC week. They'll be having a performance at the Podium, then they're off to Baguio to mingle with our own aboriginal/indigenous tribes and have a master class (short performance, a little discussion, jam sessions, Q&A).

Now, the task is for me to organize a master class here in Manila, and boy! I do have no idea on who to invite. Of course, initially I thought of the Conservatory(ies) of Music of UPD and UST, but hell, who else? Please drop me a line if you think of anybody else, be it an individual or a school organisation (like UP's Kontragapi) and schools that offer music as courses. Related courses (i.e., Anthro, Socio) would also be okay.

So far, I've only searched around La Salle--too bad their IS programs aren't related to Australia, Ateneo--I've got Socio stuff and PASN, Siliman University... Please help if you have a suggestion. Thanks.

No comments: