Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Spelling B-E-E. I never thought there's a spelling bee on national television. I was shocked--and then glued--to the TV set watching til the end since round 6. It's the 78th Annual Scripps Nat'l Spelling Bee which I catched on the ESPN Channel. On the sixth round, there were approximately 30 spellers, my instant fave was No.238 Samir... He's 11 (most spellers were older) and yet, he's so cool. He once spelled out a word correctly and yelled, "Thanks mom!", making the audience laugh. I knew at once that he's really intelligent and that he'd make it to the finals. Indeed! He ranked #2 (if I'm not mistaken).

Although I got some of the words (that's merely 3 or 4 words), it really amazed me how good they were on spelling... Astig.

***

Is anybody having any problems reading my blog because of the colours? Please inform me if ever you do, coz I got a comment from my friend saying she's having a hard time reading a dark coloured font on a dark background. I told her that it may be due the the brightness/contrast of her computer monitor coz in mine it looks okay and read-able. So I was wondering whether which is the defective screen: hers or mine. Thanks for any comment.

No comments: