Wednesday, June 15, 2005

On current events
Why are the Filipinos mum about the president-wiretapped-etc. issue? Because we actually got used to the thought that every politician actually cheats to win. And, they say PGMA doesn't even deserve a 'People Power' event.

***

T-monster
I used to hate drinking tea and didn't quite understand why the Chinese always want to drink tea before or after meals or even in between meals... But recently, I started liking it so I'm starting to replace my coffee sessions with tea sessions (except for a coffee-based Starbucks mocha frap!) I've been drinking a variety of tea already: green, black, ginseng, slimming and the latest I've tasted was a Vanilla flavored tea given by Luci. Starting to love tea. Is this a good or a bad sign??

***

Destiny's Child
The trio's breaking up, but it's a good one. It just saddens me coz I'm just beginning to like their songs/music and then they're gonna be gone.

***

My long weekend: a narrative (this post is as long as the long weekend)

I had lotsa fun, we had an overnight stay at the Holiday Inn (formerly Galleria Suites). I was so excited to take a dip in the pool coz I didn't have the chance to go swimming last summer. But... my siblings weren't as thrilled as I was, they didn't even bring swimwear! Hmmp. Anyway, I did swim even without them, and sun bathed. Yes, I did. Coz I wanted to have a deeper tan, but was quite unsuccessful because I went out like 4pm already. He-he. Still a little unsatisfied with my I'm-pampering-myself-coz-I-deserve-it-by-now thingie, I soaked myself in the tub for decades.

I went window shopping and gift-hunting afterwards--at Robinson's Galleria of course. Felt so carefree and happy doing that, maybe partly because I was so comfortable. I had rubber shoes on, my mp3 player, and cute but comfy clothes. I think I was almost hopping my way through the mall. It's so much fun shopping alone coz you wouldn't have to worry whether or not your companion is tired, or bored, or hungry, or is already rolling his/her eyes coz you've been in the same store thrice already, stuff like that. (You might ask why I'm alone? Coz my parents went back to Navotas for a dinner celebration, my brother is meeting an ex-girlfriend or maybe he's girl hunting, Mika--my sister--is on the eat-sleep-eat routine, and the youngest--Miko--is [as expected] glued on the TV.)

After dinner, we (me and my siblings) went to catch the last full show of Mr & Mrs Smith. (My kuya emphasized on the 'last' part of the 'last full show', coz he actually chose the latest possible, just because.) It's been quite a while since I watched a movie that got me so glued, I didn't even notice I didn't move a bit for two hours! I must agree with Reizel that Angelina Jolie looks astonishing in that movie... So anyway the movie was finished by past midnight, and my parents were already at the hotel room. I suggested that we grab coffee or something... Asked where, I said, "uh, McDonald's?" And so, we went to the McDonald's store a few blocks from the hotel: McDonald's Emerald Avenue, which is open round the clock. (Miko and Mika didn't come with us coz they were glued on the TV set and sleepy, respectively). It was coffee and talk and hot chocolate and talk and talk and talk. I had fun! We finished around quarter to four in the morning!

The next morning, nobody wanted to avail of the complementary hotel breakfast buffet except for my dad (they'd rather sleep), so I decided to tag along... There wasn't much to eat though, unlike when the hotel was still Galleria Suites. After an hour we went back to the room and I slept. After check-out, we went to Market! Market! for lunch. It was my first time there and I must say that it would be fun shopping there. Lots of stuff for a good price. Cool.


***

Suggested Links from this post:
+ PCIJ I think they have a downloadable copy of the alleged tapes in mp3 format.
+ Starbucks
+ Lipton One of the tea brands I love.
+ Destiny's Child
+ Holiday Inn Galleria
+ my mp3
+ Navotas
+ Mr&Mrs Smith
+ Movieworld
+ McDonald's
+ Market! Market!

No comments: