Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Happy Daughter

April 3rd I went to school to pay for my graduation fees and get the tickets, I also went to Robinson's Place Manila and bought the plane tickets for my parents--finally! I waited so long to be able to talk to a reservations agent; I was customer number thirty seven and when I got in they were serving customer number one pa lang! Kamusta naman yun! Anyway I need it so I waited. Good thing I dropped off the soft copies of the photo that I wanted to have printed at Photoline before I went to Cebu Pacific.

Today--oh that's yesterday now--my dad asked me if he'd have to start looking for a nice car to buy [for me]. I said I'm not ready to have one yet since I don't have the money for its maintenance, and petrol price just kept increasing so it might just be on standby at home since most likely I'd take public utility vehicles; we have a few vehicles at home anyway so if I'd need one I'd probably just coordinate with them [he and kuya] and borrow one. So dad says he'd give a minor gift for the meantime, which I'm kinda clueless on what to ask for since I want so many things! Ha-ha. I mean, I want a digicam or a high end mobile phone (phone and cam in one!) or Mandarin lessons or just the book. Anyway towards the end of the day I'm more inclined on asking for a new phone since I got a call a while ago and, due to my very much damaged Nokia 3310, I didn't hear anything from the other end. So I thought if companies will be trying to contact me through my mobile number, I better have a decent phone.

Anyway, so much for that, I was discussing about that over lunch when I told them I actually have a graduation gift for them. My dad was like, "Ikaw pa may gift sa amin," with a big smile on his face. I handed him the envelope and he pulled out two e-tickets (one-way plane tickets, MNL-CEB sometime May2006) which are just two sheets of paper, bond paper size. He's like, "Wooooowwww!" So my mom got all curious and stood behind my seated dad and peeked over his shoulder to see what it was, but she's not wearing her eyeglasses so she actually can't read anything. My dad kept wow-ing so mom had this over-eager look on her face and the suspense is killing her! Haha.. When dad finally told her what it was she said wow and immediately remembered she must call the company and apply for her mileage points. :)

Boy, am I so happy that they loved the gift! Hee-hee, can't help but smile when I remember their faces...

No comments: