Thursday, November 03, 2011

Emotionless Online Life

There was a time that blogging was about what's in your heart, what your soul was screaming about. Then came a time for me that blogging was no longer that. It's just a mere what-I'm-doing-or-spending-time-on. Looking back and reading older posts, it does mean a lot...

You read through a person's blog and you feel the emotions. How certain posts make you smile and say, "those were the days." You read heartbreaking posts and you can connect with the emotions; most likely post a comment with comforting words. With Facebook and Twitter, online life just seemed so...emotionless. I'm listening to this, I'm doing this, I'm doing that, I'm with who, I'm watching this. Just so boring.

I love blogging for the fact that you can just say, "I just can't get over you." No judgment, no holds barred. If there are no comments on your posts, it doesn't even bother you.

I remember how I got friends online, and knowing which ones to trust by reading their posts. Knowing how they think and what they value in life.

I miss you, blog world. 

5 comments:

Maniniyut said...

exactly my sentiments.

Anonymous said...

so hopefully, you'd really go back into writing more. i miss reading your posts as well.

Katia said...

It's humbling to see comments! Didn't know people still check.

Hope everyone writes again. It's therapeutic. :)

Anonymous said...

Sometimes they just follow the trend. I miss reading your posts too.. Welcome back! :)

Thomas said...

Do you have a Twitter or Facebook? It'll be easier to contact other people.