Tuesday, March 07, 2006

The End is Near

Currently feeling: Excited
Listening to: How Could an Angel Break My Heart
Browsing: emiratesgroupcareers.com

...of my college days, that is. I just finished my last final exam [on Economics, Taxation and Agrarian Reform] yesterday. And starting today, I won't have to go to school! I'm just waiting for graduation day to come: April 6th. And oh, I have to remember to file a leave from work on that day... I should have the time to fix the blog template but I'm so lazy to do so. Haha.

+ + +

I was chatting on YM a few nights back when I browsed through my friends list and saw this e-friend (that's what I call people who are my friends online, but haven't met them at all) who's coincidentally a friend of a high school friend of mine (so he's not a pure stranger at all!), online. He seems to be in a serious mode because his stat message goes something like, "It's alright, I'm okay. Maybe God has a plan." So I intended not to bother him with my senseless hello. But then I thought twice; most people who say they're okay are actually the people who are not okay. So I gave him a buzz then a line, "Are you really okay?" And I was right, he wasn't.

He's having, what else could it be, heart/love problems with his new girlfriend who--from what I have gathered--doesn't recognize his efforts to hang on to their relationship, blah blah blah. In short, this is a martyrdom case. *sheesh* I've been through this a couple of years back and I hate it that people still fall into that trap. Needless to say, I began blabbing about my opinion.

1. Gotta love yourself. This is elementary, but okay I'll explain a bit. Can't let yourself be all over a person alone, you have to respect yourself and know when to call it quits (especially if nawawasak na talaga yung mundo mo).

2. There's no such thing as a one way relationship. Can't be all about her, nor should the effort be coming from only one person.

3. Again, I don't believe that people can be contented in continually loving a person despite the fact that he/she doesn't love you back. Think about it, we all just want to be happy. And to be, we have to have our needs and wants satisfied. And Maslow's hierarchy of needs--ugh, I'm so academic right now--says that one of the most basic need would be to be loved. So, it would be impossible to actually be happy that way!


Your opinions may be far different from mine and I'd welcome comments on these. :P

+ + +

Okay so now I'm browsing through Cathay Pacific Career ops, specifically Flight Attendant positions, more specifically the HK based and not the London based. But it seems like I'm more qualified for the London stuff (except for the requirement about living in London, not sure about that). But still, London's so far, and I'd like to be in HK for boyfriend reasons of course, and at least it's still closer to the Philippines. I could go home whenever I want to. Whatever.

+ + +

I'm sure I'd be thinking about these over and over again. Anyway, I gotta go, I have a night out with a few highschool friends to Baywalk tonight, in celebration of Meloisa's 21st birthday! And tomorrow, I've got an Ice Skating bonding at SM MegaMall with the whole block! I wish it'd push through, it's gonna be fun, fun, FUN!

No comments: